We just pushed a number of updates based on tickets submitted by users like you:
1) The "All My Requests" page now shows only open tickets by default. You can see all solved tickets by clicking on the "Solved" link in the title bar.
2) The patrols/dens/units page now includes a count of the youth in that patrol/den/unit.
3) Custom household reports will now only include households with at least one family member who is active in your organization.
4) Printed BSA advancement reports now sort the awards by the last name of the recipient instead of the first name.
5) The date a member joined a troop is now available in custom user reports.
6) Access level is now available in custom user reports.
7) There is now an option to print award cards without the dashed lines on the edges.
8) When adding custom awards there is now an option to make them repeatable.
9) Custom awards are now available to all members, not just youth.
10) The merit badge counselors (by merit badge) page now lists counselors in alphabetical order.
11) You can now translate every page in TroopTrack to nearly any language using Google Translate. There is a Google Translate widget at the bottom of every page - just click it to change the language. This is a service from Google and we can't guarantee the accuracy of the translations. I've included a screenshot of the add new scout page translated to Spanish.
Phew! Have a great weekend.
You asked for it... You can now print pre-filled BSA Youth Applications with TroopTrack.
Also, for the future... I'm thinking about adding a self-registration workflow to TroopTrack.
You would provide joining members a link and they would fill out an application. That data would go straight into TroopTrack as a pending member (i.e. no access) and they would get a completely filled out membership application. They would sign the app, turn it in to you, you would mark them complete and they would be able to log in to TroopTrack. What do you think?Permalink
How would you like to be able to print your BSA Adult Application pre-filled from TroopTrack? We are re-chartering our units and frankly... the paperwork is a bit of a pain. Sunday night I thought "I can make this easier". I started on it Monday morning and guess what?
Go to Manage -> Members -> BSA Adult Applications and check it out!Permalink
Good ole Spencer. He was our very first intern, and he's awesome. Today we released an update, courtesy of Spencer, that is a big improvement to the Eagle Progress Report. I've attached a before and after picture for you to check out. This is going live even as we speak, so if you try it right away you might get one last glimpse at the old report.
Do you ever send a message to a TroopTrack Mailing List and wonder about any of the following:
- which members did it actually go to?
- what email addresses was it sent to?
- who didn't get it?
Yeah, me too. That's why, sometime in the next week, we are going to release an email confirmation feature. When you use a mailing list, we will shoot an email back to you, like the one show below. Now you will know who it was sent to, who it wasn't sent to, and why. Yay!
This morning we are pushing several technical bug fixes that improve performance and reliability, as well as an important change to the den progress report for Cub Scouts. The progress report was showing the old cub ranks by default, and we have updated it to show the new ranks instead.
Also, I get a lot of questions about how many photos you can upload to TroopTrack. When I respond with "as many as you want" people are surprised and say something like "that's so generous". I want to clarify something about that.
It's not generous. Storage is cheap. Charging you for space is stingy. Let me break down just how cheap it is for you.
We pay for the space we use to store photos, for the bandwidth required to upload and download them, and for the server capacity to post-process the photos. We currently store 280,000 photos for our customers. In October, you uploaded 18,627 new photos.
Our total bill for all of this for October? $120.
Yeah, so... unlimited photo storage isn't generous. It just appears that way because so many products charge for it.Permalink
This morning we deployed a bug fix for bulk transactions that are transfers. If you were transferring from many accounts to one, the bulk transfer was reversing the values and having the opposite effect. This bug is now fixed.
Also, coming soon... a new version of the mobile app that includes an easy user search, improvements to uploading avatars, and a placeholder image on the photo uploader page.
Have a great day!Permalink
A couple of minor changes released this morning:
1) The proper date a youth joined a unit is now displayed on the summary and detailed member reports.
2) A person with the proper privileges can edit the items on a sign up sheet even if they didn't create it.
Have a great day!
Yesterday our latest update to TroopTrack Mobile for iOS was approved by Apple. This release includes:
- Better support of iOS 9
- We added 3D touch shortcuts for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus (this is really cool - when you force touch the TroopTrack Mobile Icon a menu pops up that lets you go straight to certain actions, like sending a message)
- We fixed crashes that occur when you prepare for offline mode
- We fixed crashes related to RSVP'ing for an event
- We fixed assorted HTTP timeouts and errors
Please update TroopTrack Mobile as soon as the update is available to you in the app store as this release fixes several critical bugs.